Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

An Autumn Blessing
Bless us, Lord, the fall wind blows;
The winter storms begin.
Bless this house in which we dwell
And keep us snug within.
Bless the walls, the chimney top,
Likewise the thumb-turned latch;
Bless the cat beside the hearth,
The mouse he tries to catch.
Bless the books that line the shelves,
The hands that gentle things,
That bake the loaves, make the beds,
And bless the heart that sings.
Let laughter live within this house;
Bless children as they play.
Bless all who knock upon the door
And loved ones far away.
Bless the teapot steaming hot,
The little cakes so fair.
Bless all who call this house a home
With peace and love to share.
Bless harvest hoards in cellar bins,
The rooftop firm and tall.
Give with these autumn blessings
A thankful heart to all.



The oven is fixed, after being out of service since July. Yay! Just in time for Thanksgiving.
My mom went straight to work making an apple pie. It made the house smell so good. Guess what I had for breakfast?


I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't care for turkey. My favorite thanksgiving dish actually comes from inside the turkey. Stuffing.

With the cool fall weather here, everyone enjoys relaxing in the living room by the fireplace. Including the dogs.
(The Vicky dog is on top, Petunia below, and her mother Amy to the left)
They really did arrange themselves that way. It's such hard work being a farm dog : )

I have taken so many picture, that I just haven't gotten around to posting. So I'm going to share some now.





My mom, preparing the grapes for jelly.



I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.
Kimberly

5 comments:

Sarah said...

The apple pie looks delicious! Your dogs are so cute. : )

Jolie said...

Petunia is the cutest dog living!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment so I could come visit your adorable blog :) Following you back! God Bless, Jackie

An At Home Daughter said...

Miss Jolie~ Of course your going to have favoritism towards YOUR dog.

Jackie~ Thanks for stopping by my little blog, I really enjoyed reading yours.

Kimberly

Jason said...

Mille Fleurs are so pretty!